All times are UTC [ DST ]

Need for Speed: World
PostPosted: 19 Mar 2010, 19:57 
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Quote:
What is Need for Speed World?
Exclusive to PC, Need for Speed World is the first massively-multiplayer racing game in the Need for Speed series. Race with your friends online or compete against them and thousands of other racers in the enormous NFS universe, built specifically for World.

What are the features of Need for Speed World?
Some of the features of NFSW include:
- Massively-multiplayer Need for Speed racing action in a huge online NFS world.
- Classic game modes (drag, drift, checkpoint?) as well as exciting new races.
- Brag to your friends about your wins – or taunt them over their losses – in World’s online community, including Facebook/Twitter support.
- Create a street racing legend by advancing your driver through solo and multiplayer races.
- A huge selection of licensed vehicles as well as thousands of parts to turn your car from happy cruiser to snarling beast
- The best car customization engine ever seen in a driving game. If you can dream it, you can create it in World.

Check back often for more details and additional features as we prepare to roll them out.

What languages are available for Need for Speed World?
Currently the Beta program will only be offered in English, but we encourage everyone to apply. Stay tuned as we will have more information on additional languages in the future!

What is the Beta Program?
Before Need for Speed World launches, we need you – the beta testing team – to help us out by giving your opinion about the game’s performance, quality, stability and how well it functions so we can continue making World an outstanding online experience as we near the final release date.

We also do testing in-house, but where you come in is providing a second set of eyes and ears for our development team. You’ll be using a pre-release copy of World - the same one the team uses - to provide us with feedback.

As a tester, we want you to report any glitches, bugs, crashes or other issues directly to the NFSW Live Team.

What’s in it for you is simple: you’ll be one of the first people on the planet to play the first MMORG based on the Need for Speed series – for free.

During the testing phase, you’ll also be getting e-mails about new builds and surveys asking how you’ve enjoyed your World experience.

Coupled with forum feedback, these surveys help us make World the best online racing game on the planet.

How do I apply for the Beta Program?
To apply for the NFS World Beta, please visit http://www.needforspeed.com/world. Once you are at the site, please click on the “Apply for Beta” button.

If you already have an existing EA Master Account, enter your information and proceed through the Beta Application process.

If you do NOT have an existing EA Master Account, please click the “Create Now” button as this will take you through the EA Master Account creation process as well as the Need for Speed World Beta Application.

Are they any location specific restrictions for applying to the Need for Speed WORLD Beta?
There are no location specific restrictions in regards to applying for the NFS WORLD Beta. However, it should be noted that NFS WORLD will only be available in English during the Beta. Everyone, regardless of where you are in the World, is welcome to apply for the Need for Speed WORLD Beta.

Can I change the details of my NFS WORLD Beta application after I’ve submitted it?
Unfortunately you CANNOT go back and edit your application once you’ve submitted it. With this in mind, make sure that you apply for the beta using the computer you plan to play NFS WORLD on otherwise you may not be eligible to participate if the PC specs do not meet minimum requirements.

When will we know if we’ve been accepted for the NFS WORLD Beta?
After you apply for the NFS WORLD Beta you’ll see your Beta status on the NFS WORLD website home page. Until you are accepted for the Beta your status will be “Pending”. When you are accepted, the Beta status will change to “Play Now”. Selecting “Play Now” will allow you to download and play NFS WORLD. Check the NFS WORLD website often to see if you’ve been approved to participate in the NFS WORLD Beta.

When will the NFS WORLD Beta start?
NFS WORLD will be running multiple Betas starting in March. Check the Need for Speed WORLD website often to see if you’ve been approved to participate in the NFS WORLD Beta.[/i]

I’ve been accepted into the Closed Beta but I can’t download the setup file. What do I do?
Currently, only Microsoft Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox are supported in regards to the NFS World Download page. If you are using Google Chrome, Safari or any other browsers you may not be able to download the setup file. Please use one of the supported browsers to download the file.

I’ve install NFS World but get an error trying to sign in when opening the NFS World program. Help?
The most likely reason you’re getting an error is because you have provided incorrect user information. Please ensure that you use the email address and password you used to apply for the beta. If you have been accepted to the Beta and can log into World.NeedforSpeed.com then you’ll be able to sign into the game and open the Launcher.

I’ve installed NFS World, am able to sign in and open the Launcher but I get an error when I try to open the game from the Launcher. What do I do?
There are a few reasons why you would receive an error while trying to open the game from the Launcher:

1. The NFS World servers are not running and therefore the game is unable to connect.
Solution: Wait until the servers are up and running. You can find the latest NFS World server status in the Service Status forum.

2. You are not connected to the internet.
Solution: Need for Speed World is a fully online game. You will not be able to open World without being connected to the internet.

What are the minimum system requirements for Need for Speed World?
The minimum requirements for Need for Speed World have not yet been finalized. However, at this point we recommend the following:

Operating System: Windows XP Service Pack 3 / Windows Vista Service Pack 2 / Windows 7
DirectX: DirectX 9.0c
CPU: Intel Core2Duo 2.0 GHz or AMD X2 4000+ at 2.1GHz or greater
RAM: 2 GB
Video Card: 512 MB DirectX 9.0 compatible. At least Shader Model 2.0 support
Sound Card: DirectX 8.1 compatible
Hard Drive: 4 GB of space is required to install the game
Internet: 128kbit/s Cable/DSL connection

Tips for Matchmaking
- Communicate: There is a one minute timer once you enter the pre-race lobby, so gather a few racers before you queue up if you want a full race.
- Select “Ready” once you have a full lobby or if all the players you want to race with are present, this will immediately launch the race.
- Try different areas of the map if competition is scarce, players will often gather around a few races that they prefer.

Para quem não sabia. Registei-me hoje.

Re: Need for Speed: World
PostPosted: 19 Mar 2010, 23:42 
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Ainda não me apeteceu registar.

PostPosted: 20 Mar 2010, 01:29 
Pedobear
Pedobear

Burnout paradise city copy?

PostPosted: 20 Mar 2010, 03:38 
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Com a diferença que neste os carros são licenciados. E a empresa é a mesma, estão-se a cagar.

PostPosted: 27 Apr 2010, 23:24 
Domo-kun
Domo-kun

Para o ppl que gosta de jogos de automóveis;

O Test drive unlimited 2 está ser desenvolvido. Se corrigirem os multiplos bugs que o tdu1 teve até que é capaz de ser engraçado.

http://www.testdriveunlimited2.com/

PostPosted: 27 Apr 2010, 23:40 
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Yap, já sabia disso. Vai ser em Ibiza? Lol. Só no Outono...